It takes considerable effort and funding to continue our mission. Costs per meal fluctuate weekly depending greatly on food costs and other factors. It takes just under $4 to deliver one meal and we deliver about 750 meals each week. Summerville is a beautiful place and the senior population continues to grow here. In order for us to meet the needs of our community we must continue to raise funds at every opportunity. Will you consider a gift to keep Meals on Wheels of Summerville on the road to ending hunger and improving lives?
- $20 donation provides meals for one week to one recipient
- $85 donation provides meals for one month to one recipient
- $1000 donation provides meals for one year to one recipient
We serve around 150 recipients each month. Our board and staff are proud of being fiscally responsible and managing our resources in a more conservative manner. As a result we have been able to avoid waiting lists and kept the quality of our meals at the highest standards.
Here’s how you can join the fight to end senior hunger
Individual contributions If you’d like to make a contribution to honor/recognize a loved one, mark a special occasion or simply support the program we will be sure to include the donation in our list printed quarterly in our newsletter.
Legacy Gifts Donations made from your estate aren’t that complicated to establish. Check with your attorney as you enter into or update your estate planning. There are several methods you can choose in leaving a contribution and we have several resources you can use to help you along this path.
Corporate Contributions If your company is interested in joining forces to better Summerville there are several methods you can choose from in supporting us.
- Event Sponsorship We host at least two events each year and are always in Need of sponsors to help defray the costs. This would Allow us to promote your business in newsletter, the web, Advertising, and the program for the event. To learn more Contact Leah Odom at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gifts in Kind Donations of gift cards, food, or services that can be used At fund raisers or in support of our recipients or volunteers are always appreciated.
- Match Programs Be sure to check with your human resource professionals to See if a match program exists for your workplace. Many Companies will match an individual’s donation or volunteer hours
- United Way You can designate a Meals on Wheels of Summerville to Receive your United Way donation each month. More contact Betsy Luke at 843 873-8224
Hunger is 100% curable. We are capable of so much more and look forward to growing. What many don’t realize is that Meals on Wheels of Summerville gets no government funding. This is a program that demonstrates entirely what good citizenship is capable of achieving.